My name is Tuan, thank you for visiting my blog. I was born and raised in Hanoi, Vietnam. I spent my university years in Daejon, South Korea, where I got my bachelor’s degree in International Finance. After graduation, I moved to Seoul and got a job as a Data Analyst working for Dongbu Insurance, Korea’s second-largest non-life insurer. And yes, I do speak Korean, although a bit rusty, since I haven’t used it much in the last five years.
After spending close to 8 years in Korea, I moved back to Vietnam in 2016 and started working for Vingroup, Vietnam’s biggest private corporation. Five years later, I have been through many of Vingroup’s subsidiaries, namely Adayroi, VinID, Vincommerce, Vinpearl, and Vinsoftware. I led several data teams ranging from 4 to 30 people during my time at Vingroup.
Working with big corporations was great as I met incredible people and learned great things in many different industries. However, big corp tends to be riddled with politics and personal agendas. So I made a big change to quit Vingroup and join Joon Solutions as CTO in May 2021. I hope to build a strong and cohesive team of engineers here in Vietnam. I also want to build a strong culture where everybody feels empowered and inclusive—an environment where people can develop personally and professionally.
Knowledge and skills
- Applied data science
- Full data science workflow implementation
- Knowledge of system designs and interactions
- Technical teams management and coaching
- Data analysis, visualization
- Business analysis, requirement analysis
- Communicating insights to stakeholders
- Project management
- Language: English, Vietnamese, Korean
Tools and technology
- Languages: Python, R, DAX
- Databases: Oracle SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Elasticsearch
- Big data: BigQuery, Dataflow, Kafka, Airflow
- ML framework: Scikit learn, Keras, Tensorflow
- BI tools: Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, Metabase
- Other: Jupyter, Git, Jira, Confluence